Healthcare organizations have to manage continuous shifts deriving from developments in the fields of technology, bio-technology and pharmaceutics. The growing responsibilities of healthcare providers call for well trained management professionals. Governmental healthcare policy needs to address, among other issues, the increased importance of a market-focused healthcare sector.
The 12-month part-time Executive Certificate program in Healthcare Management relies on a broad approach in theory and practice of management topics relevant for healthcare organization and prepares participants to assume leadership positions in the healthcare sector.
The program has been jointly designed and will be jointly delivered by the Maastricht School of Management (MSM) and Brightlands Maastricht Health Campus (MHC). By pooling the qualities of both institutions the program taps into MSM’s 60 year experience in international management education and research, and MHC’s extended expertise in medical and health science research.
Designed for professionals
The Executive Certificate in Healthcare Management program is organized in a part-time mode spread over 12 months. Each month you will follow courses for a maximum of three days in a row, including field visits (excluding July and August). This means that you will be away from your job for a minimal amount of time and still be able to enjoy an interactive learning experience with fellow participants.
Six reasons to follow this program
- You will gain new insights in the latest trends and challenges in the healthcare sector
- Our comprehensive curriculum will provide you with thorough knowledge of the main functional areas of management in healthcare
- The program will focus not only on the development of management skills but even more on the implementation of management knowledge in healthcare organizations
- You will develop a personal take-home action plan that will enable you to immediately apply the acquired knowledge and skills into the daily practice of your organization
- The exchange of experiences with fellow participants from different healthcare disciplines, and with experts during field visits, will enrich your learning experience
- You will gain access to the extensive networks of Brightlands MHC and MSM
Healthcare professionals working in a managerial position in healthcare organizations (e.g. senior managers, medical doctors, department heads), who have the ambition to grow into leadership positions in the healthcare sector.
To attend the Executive Certificate in Healthcare Management we recommend that you possess:
- at least three years of working experience in a healthcare organization
- a Bachelor‹s degree from a recognized university
- solid skills in the English language, as the language of instruction of the program is English